Leek Archery Club runs a small number Archery GB Approved Beginner Courses each year. During the winter these take place indoors and in the summer months they take place outdoors or indoors dependant on weather. All members of an archery club must complete an approved Archery GB beginner course either at this club or elsewhere. This is a requirement before anyone can shoot or be accepted as a full member of any club. For more information about the beginner courses please use the contact form or find us on Facebook.
The Spring beginner course is now full, we will have other dates in due course.
Beginners' courses are priced at £50 per person (£25 juniors) and include:
- Five sessions each of 2 hours duration 7-9pm
- Coaching by Archery GB qualified coaches
- All equipment provided
- Relevant insurance cover provided by Archery GB
Payment is by cheque, cash or bank transfer in advance.
On completing the course all participants will:
- Know and understand the safety rules, basic technique and etiquette to the level required to join a club
- Be able to string and unstring a bow
- Be familiar with the basic equipment
- Be able to shoot using Barebow and Freestyle techniques
- Know and understand the scoring system used in target archery
- Have information and costs of joining the club
- Receive a certificate confirming that you have completed a beginners' course in Target Archery which can be used to join any club.
Chidren (under 18) are welcome to participate in the Club's courses from the age of 8 years. Leek Archery Club has a Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, as guided by Archery GB, and has a Safeguarding Officer as a member of the club committee. All juniors, whether beginners or members, must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. All coaches are DBS checked as a part of their training.