We run a small number Archery GB Approved Beginner Courses each year. During the winter these take place indoors and in the summer months they take place outdoors or indoors dependant on weather. For more information about the beginner courses please use the contact form or find us on Facebook.
Our next beginner course dates are;
Thursday 3rd May - at our indoor range, Shoobridge Street, Leek
The remainder of the course is outdoors at Leek Hockey Club;
Tuesday 8th May
Thursday 10th May
Tuesday 15th May
Thursday 17th May
All 7pm - 9pm
Beginners' courses are priced at £50 per person (£25 juniors) and include:
- Five sessions each of 2 hours duration 7-9pm
- Coaching by Archery GB qualified coaches
- All equipment provided
- Relevant insurance cover provided by Archery GB
Payment is by cheque, cash or bank transfer in advance.
Please note; places are limited and first come first served. Kindly make payment in advance to secure your place on the course.
On completing the course all participants will:
- Know and understand the safety rules, basic technique and etiquette to the level required to join a club
- Be able to string and unstring a bow
- Be familiar with the basic equipment
- Be able to shoot using Barebow and Freestyle techniques
- Know and understand the scoring system used in target archery
- Have information and costs of joining the club
- Receive a certificate confirming that you have completed a beginners' course in Target Archery which can be used to join any Archery GB affiliated club nationally.
Chidren (under 18) are welcome to participate in the Club's courses from the age of 8 years. Leek Archery Club has a Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, as guided by Archery GB, and has a Safeguarding Officer as a member of the club committee. All juniors, whether beginners or members, must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. All coaches are DBS checked as a part of their training.